Welcome to the new home of Plan-G.
We are endeavouring to bring the old forum data across to the new one, but you will need to re-register here.
Old forum archive: https://plan-g.app/oldforum/index.php

ILS feathers not right

shaned

ILS feathers not right

Post by shaned »

I'm seeing a problem with ILS feathers, where you would normally see green feathers and red when not aligned with the runway, with 4.272 almost every ILS feather is showing as Green and red, I attach a shot centered around KMKE (where I'm flying at this moment)
feathers.jpg
feathers.jpg (348.66 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
I've never seen this before on Plan G

I've just realised that I've just update to the latest Navigraph Data (2305)
---------------------------------------------------
Note: I've just loaded the backup data file and the duplicate feathers have gone back to normal!
Tim
Site Admin

Re: ILS feathers not right

Post by Tim »

What sim is this for?
And is the problem specific to Navigraph data, or does it happen without?
shaned

Post by shaned »

Tim, this is for XP11, and it looks very much related to the latest Navigraph data, as when I enabled the backup data (from the previous Navigraph data) it stopped showing the double feathers, I've rebuilt the database set, and yet again the double feathers are showing again, I've tried using 3.269 (I have this a backup test-bed) and using the latest data set it too shows the double feathers, which says to me, there's a problem with the Navigraph data.

On another point, using this data set to create FMS files for XPlane, Plan-G is not writing the cycle number to the file, it just says CYCLE but no cycle number, like this:

1100 VERSION
CYCLE
ADEP KMSP
ADES KMML
NUMENR 2
1 KMSP ADEP 0.000000 44.881973 -93.221779
1 KMML ADES 0.000000 44.451721 -95.824417

and when loaded into Xplane it complains about the data is out of date

I've just re-built the FSX database and enabled it, and it doesn't show the double feathers.
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Ok, thanks.
I'm in the process of getting stuff installed on my new PC (the old one became seriously unreliable!), and once I have XP11 and Navigraph up and running, I'll look into it. Should be later this week.
shaned

Post by shaned »

As an update, I've just updated to 2306 and I'm still seeing the double feathers
shaned

Post by shaned »

Further to my update, the CYCLE number is still not being added to created FMS files (XP11)

I'm adding it manually so that Xplane doesn't complain
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

It'll be in v4.2
shaned

Post by shaned »

Tim, looks like I hit an own goal, I apologise, I looks like I was building an X-plane 11 data base with data from X-plane 10 data, I had XP10 on my machine to try and get XP9 planes working in 10 using planemaker some time ago, but unbeknown to me everything was still pointing at XP10 when I was trying to rebuild the database after a Navigraph update.

This became evident after I removed XP10 and then tried to rebuild the database for XP11, but it wouldn't do it, it wasn't until I checked PlanG's log file only to see it was looking for XP10 but couldn't find it.

I then removed the XP10 install file from the AppData folder, tidied up the XP11 one to match the actual install path, so now the database is newly written and no longer showing the double feathers.

Sorry again. :oops:

... and the CYCLE number is now present in generated FMS flight plans