Welcome to the new home of Plan-G.
We are endeavouring to bring the old forum data across to the new one, but you will need to re-register here.
Old forum archive: https://plan-g.app/oldforum/index.php

Missing fixes after database creation in XP12

shaned

Missing fixes after database creation in XP12

Post by shaned »

I should be flying from the Bahamas (MYNN) to Miami International (KMIA) using ILS 08R (as suggested by SimBrief) but there seems to be fixes missing, from both the STAR and approach.

I'm using XP12 and .288, I've recently updated the Nav Data via Navigraph, I've checked the earth_fix file and the fixes are present, but for some reason PlanG is not creating them.

For this STAR (FOWEE2) the missing fix IS LUVLY and the approach (ILS 8R) is missing COPRA - LAWNN

Attachments are screenshot showing where the missing fix LUVLY should be and the fresh log file.
MISSING FIX.jpg
MISSING FIX.jpg (511.89 KiB) Viewed 3581 times
Plan-Gv4_Log.txt
(4 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
shaned

Re: Missing fixes after database creation in XP12

Post by shaned »

Yes, I had read that post, prior to posting myself. and I have checked my XP12 install file and it only had the one line in it - M:\SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Plane 12/ , there is a seperate install file for my XP11 and it too only has the one line refering to XP11's folder, as an experiment I'm going to rename the XP11 file to see if that has any effect.
shaned

Post by shaned »

That didn't resolve that particular problem, but it has highlighted something else, I clicked on the ISEC(terminal) box and as expected they all dissapeared but no other intersections showed up, ISEC(Enroute) was selected but nothing was showing, I checked the zoom levels were showing sensable numbers, they were, so it looks like there's a problem showing the Enroute intersections, maybe somethings changed in the earth_fix file?
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I looked at your log file and there's nothing significant in it (possibly you did your database build on a different day?)

But I also looked in my XP12 database, and sure enough there are no enroute intersections. I shall investigate and fix it.
shaned

Post by shaned »

The database creation was done just before I took the screen shot, definitely the same day, but glad you've got the same problem (in an investagive way) at least there's something to find