Welcome to the new home of Plan-G.
We are endeavouring to bring the old forum data across to the new one, but you will need to re-register here.
Old forum archive: https://plan-g.app/oldforum/index.php

ICAO-codes and rwy not displayed on PlanG map

Dieter

ICAO-codes and rwy not displayed on PlanG map

Post by Dieter »

Hello Tim,

I have the following problem:
Different scenaries don't cause the ICAO code and the runway to be displayed on the PlanG map.
I rule out errors on my part in creating the database. I successfully brought hundreds of sceneries into the PlanG database without ever having any of these problems!

Can the problem be related to the creation of the respective scenery .bgl file?
I use PlanG v....272, but I also tried v....277, no difference.

I am attaching a small zip file which causes the problems described above. (These are SPB)

Many greetings
Dieter
Attachments
rtmm-usfs-chugach-cabins-jdl-v2.0.zip
This scenery will create cabins in MSFS but should also create ICAOs and blue SPB stripes on PlanG map.
(106.95 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Tim
Site Admin

Re: ICAO-codes and rwy not displayed on PlanG map

Post by Tim »

I had no problem loading them in either 272 or 277. Just unzipped the folder you attached and dropped it into the Community folder.

There were no errors reading the bgl files, but they are partial airports, so the level of detail displayed in Plan-G will be lower. But the icons are there, and they are all found in a database search. (for the 4 float plane bases you will need to make sure 'Show Float Plane Bases' is active in the Map ribbon). Also the runways as defined are tiny, so you will need to zoom in to see them.
Attachments
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (9).png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 2341 times
Dieter

Post by Dieter »

Tim,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to look at my problem!!!

- 'Show Float Plane Bases' is active in the Map ribbon!

Your picture shows CCR1 - that's a helipad - I also have this one, but all the other ICAOs aren't shown.
Unfortunately I forgot to include a list with the fictitious codes of these cabins which should be displayed on the map including a blue ribbon ( for sea plane base).
If you can spare some more time occasionally, please have a short look into the list for checking some of those codes.

I am still convinced that I didn't do anything wrong updating the database. I've been using PlanG since the beginning and never had any problems like this. By the way, in MSFS all codes are active, so I can use them there.

Dieter
Attachments
README-Chugach Cabins.zip
This is a list with fictious ICAO codes
(182.41 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

I'll take another look at it. Probably won't be till the weekend though.
Dieter

Post by Dieter »

BUMP
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Still on my 'to do' list - life is a bit busy at the moment, but it's not forgotten.
Dieter

Post by Dieter »

Tim,
Thank you for your "sign of life" - I'm waiting patiently!
Dieter
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The issue is that the airports are in bgl files that are labelled as "objects". There's a naming convention that says the name of the file reflects what's in it, and "objects" files normally contain, well, objects - buildings, props etc, and not airports. So Plan-G doesn't waste time searching them. But if developers don't follow the convention, then things are going to get missed.

Extra checks will be included in the next build.

BTW, there's nothing in these airports that identifies as a helipad. Just a tiny runway, and a regular parking spot with the label "Gate_H". So they won't show on the map as helipads.
Dieter

Post by Dieter »

Tim,
Thank you very much for your efforts and the very detailed answer!!!

Many greetings
Dieter
nbrich1

Post by nbrich1 »

Hi there Tim.

Norm here.. Going through my files, Found our correspondence on this same problem two years ago (Nov 2021).

I advised Tim of the problem of RTMM stuff not being scanned and it was fixed.

Tim said: (Dec 4, 2021)
Should be fixed in the next build. It's basically because the "airports" are in files with "objects" in the filename. Plan-G normally ignores these, because they don't contain airports. Well, they didn't..

Tim fixed it to also scan objects and if they have ICAO attached they would appear as sea-plane bases so float bases had to be activated in Plan G. He fixed this in the next Plan G Build which was Plan-G v4.0.0.255.

I guess that fix to scan the objects got removed in one of his later builds.

Tim is it possible to put in the Object scan back into the Plan G build so that these sceneries might be picked up?

Norm
Toronto Canada
Our old PM thread on the subject: LINK: https://plan-g.app/oldforum/index.php?action=pm#msg1119