Welcome to the new home of Plan-G.
We are endeavouring to bring the old forum data across to the new one, but you will need to re-register here.
Old forum archive: https://plan-g.app/oldforum/index.php

Database problem

Runner

Database problem

Post by Runner »

Hi,
after installation MSFS2020 and and latest Plan-G evrything worked just fine.
Now I have a problem.
When I try to install database again, nothing happens.
However I can still connect Plan-G to MSFS 2020 the little plane appears on the map and follows the flight path, however, no airports or any frequencies appear on the map.
I reinstalled Plan-G but to no avai.
How can I solve that problem ?
With kind regards
Runner
deadmeat

Re: Database problem

Post by deadmeat »

Hi Runner

You might want to check out the thread here, as the effect of this issue was the same: viewtopic.php?t=56

Other than that, there should be a log file in the root of the 'Plan-Gv4 Files' folder. This folder is usually in your 'Documents' folder. I suggest posting that file (or have a quick look for errors in there yourself).

Thanks, David
Runner

Post by Runner »

Hi David,
thanks for your kind reply.
The folder Plan-G Files works fine for my P3D4 sim. so that can not cause the problem.
I attache the log file mybe you can find something in there that's responsible for my problem.

With kind regards
Runner
Attachments
Plan-Gv4_Log.txt
(2.69 KiB) Downloaded 222 times
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Hi Runner,
Log files in Plan-G are only kept for the current day (they get deleted the first time Plan-G is run on a new day - otherwise they would become massive), so unfortunately yours no longer contains any pertinent information. Please re-run your database build and then upload a fresh log.

However, please do check that you also activated the database after you built it - click the icon for your sim on the data tab. Plan-G can have databases for multiple sims, but you can also use it just as a map, with none of them active.
Runner

Post by Runner »

Hi David,
here is the latest log file.

After trying to install a new data base, I pressed also the MSFS button but that didn't help either.

I suppose there is somthing wrong with the simConnect.dll or xml file. I'm no expert so you or someone else can figure that out.
What about the suipc7. file of PeterDowson?
rgds
Wilhelm
Attachments
Plan-Gv4_Log.txt
(15.63 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Ok, it looks like you've specified a content folder for MSFS. Please delete that - it's looking in the wrong place and so not finding anything. It's much better at finding the data on its own.

Also, you don't need to have MSFS running and be connected to it in order to build a database. In fact it's probably much better if you're not, because it may well have scenery files locked so that Plan-G can't access them, and it'll use up shedloads of memory.

Hope that helps.
Runner

Post by Runner »

Hi Tim,
I deleted the folder and my problem was solved.
Thanks you and David very much for your help.
With kind regards
Wilhelm
:-)