Welcome to the new home of Plan-G.
We are endeavouring to bring the old forum data across to the new one, but you will need to re-register here.
Old forum archive: https://plan-g.app/oldforum/index.php

No airport names

aeronauta

No airport names

Post by aeronauta »

I create a flight plan ( anything) EGLC to EGML , select file save as and the file name appears as
IFR TT:AIRPORTEK.EGLC.name to TT:AIRPORTEK.EGML.name.plg
hit save and the msg window shows
IFR TT:AIRPORTEK.EGLC.name to TT:AIRPORTEK.EGML.name.plg The filename is not valid.
if I export as P#d/FSX it does the same...

if I change the filename to xxxxzzz.plg saves OK.

I deleted all the files and reinstalled V4,1,4,272 to no avail...

Jorge
Tim
Site Admin

Re: No airport names

Post by Tim »

That sounds like you've rebuilt the database and it failed.

You can try the build again, or you can restore the previous one from the backup. If you want to try the build again, be aware that this will overwrite the working backup, so it would be a good idea to save it somewhere first. The database files and their backups are kept in My Documents/Plan-Gv4 Files/Data.
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

very starnge Tim, I deleted the PlamG V4 folder and renamed all the PlanG V4 folders in Documents, redownloaded and reinstalled PlanG , created the MSFS DB pointing to official\onestore and in the Map all looks good all ICAO ok and all... then I create a plan (2 airports) and save or export and the name is as before...

Jorge
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Delete any paths that you've set up to MSFS folders - that's probably what's causing your problem. Leave those fields blank.
created the MSFS DB pointing to official\onestore