Welcome to the new home of Plan-G.
We are endeavouring to bring the old forum data across to the new one, but you will need to re-register here.
Old forum archive: https://plan-g.app/oldforum/index.php

Plan G v4 is not loading

hpwells1

Plan G v4 is not loading

Post by hpwells1 »

Hello . I am new to this forum however I am not new to Plan G. I have used it in the past on my flight simulator but at that time I was running windows 7. I have since than updated to windows 10 and just recently downloaded v4. (the newest version). I extracted the zip file into a folder and installed that folder into c:/program files. I moved the start up icon to my desktop but when I click on it I get the opening .exe screen and than it goes away. The program will not open. I think I am doing something wrong,but what? :?: :?:
stevan44

Re: Plan G v4 is not loading

Post by stevan44 »

Hi Hpwells1,

Please look at this posting: Database creation issue with 4.2.2.285. It may help you with running the PG.

Also check to see if Windows AV is keeping the app from application.
hpwells1

Post by hpwells1 »

after reading some problems on this site ,I still can not open Plan-G I am NOT using One Drive however my question is that someone was able to open the program when he had it open in My documents folder
(just a word to say that once My Documents folder has moved back to its default place (c:\user\xxx\Documents) I have been able to run Plan-G successfully. Thank you for leading me on the way to fix the issue.) Can you give me more info on how to do this?? One more thing, does FSX or P3d4 need to be running to use Plan-G??

Thank You
Terry
Attachments
Plan-Gv4_Log.txt
(14.87 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
hpwells1

Post by hpwells1 »

This problem has been solved. My AV was the problem. I allowed Plan-G through the fire wall and all works. I probally will have more problems as I start using this program again and if so now I know where to look for help. Thank you all for helping me.

hpwells1
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

No, a sim does not need to be running in order to use Plan-G. You can run it on a totally different PC to where the sim is, if you want.