Welcome to the new home of Plan-G.
We are endeavouring to bring the old forum data across to the new one, but you will need to re-register here.
Old forum archive: https://plan-g.app/oldforum/index.php

XP12 or any NAV data Version

mjrhealth

XP12 or any NAV data Version

Post by mjrhealth »

Im not sure where this goes. When updating XPLANE data, I have no idea of which folder its looking at. With Xplane I think I mentioned before, we can have multiple copies. The installer may have 3 paths set in it, and if you are using that to define the path, than you may be getting old data from a previous version, the problem is Plan G does not show or allow you to set path nor does it show you the current nav data version. Path should be selectable, auto leaves to many issues, or show all paths and allow to tic the correct one.
From my installer

H:\X-Plane 12 Clean/
I:\X-Plane 12/ (correct working)
H:\XP12 Bak/
Tim
Site Admin

Re: XP12 or any NAV data Version

Post by Tim »

As we discussed back in May, selecting entries from a multi-entry install file is on the wish list. It has not been implemented yet. The current situation is still that it reads and uses the first entry from the file.
mjrhealth

Post by mjrhealth »

Than might be worth notng for xplane users with multiple install to edit X-Plane_install_12.TXT in users.username/AppData/local - folder and enure they have the required verion in the top of the list. If you can read the Navdata ver you could display that somewhere so we know its updated correctly.
Thanks
mjrhealth

Post by mjrhealth »

I should add, as i just noticed this. With multiple installs, if you update one of your other installs using the installer, it changes the order of the installs in the install txt.