Welcome to the new home of Plan-G.
We are endeavouring to bring the old forum data across to the new one, but you will need to re-register here.
Old forum archive: https://plan-g.app/oldforum/index.php

Plan G will not connect to FSX

wschneid43

Plan G will not connect to FSX

Post by wschneid43 »

I just installed Plan-G v 4.23 and went through most steps including loading a flight plan. When I hit the connect button the progarm paused a moment then kicks back to where the Connect button is lit. I checked the file path and it seems correct. I am using FSX. Any ideas?

Bill Schneider
wschneid43

Re: Plan G will not connect to FSX

Post by wschneid43 »

Ok. I got Plan-G 4.23 to connect to FSX and the screens to look much like version 3. My only problem now is that many of the airfields (smaller) do not show up well and the airfields I installed form Misty Moorings do not show up at all in Plan-G. What am I doing wrong?

Bill Schneider
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

Are they present in the database? ie do they show up in the Find Airports dialog?
If not, check the log file after you do a database build and verify that it is including the Misty Moorings folder. If the log shows an error, please come back and report what that is.
wschneid43

Post by wschneid43 »

No, they don't show up in Plan-G , but do show up in FSX. In fact, I've flown many flights using airfields totally using Misty Moorings airfields. I reran the Build Navigation database, didn't see any error and don't know where I would find the logfile. I am still using Windows 7 and wonder if version 4 will work correctly. I had version 3 installed and used it a lot, but suddenly it stopped working. Is there a way to reinstall ver. 3 if we can't get ver 4 working?

Bill Schneider
Tim
Site Admin

Post by Tim »

The log file is located in your Documents\Plan-Gv4 Files folder.

Plan-G v4 requires Windows 8.1 or later to run, as detailed on the product page and the QuickStart Guide. (it MIGHT run in Windows 7, but that's not guaranteed, and I have no way of testing it. At some point for sure some of the libraries required were not available in Windows 7 versions.)

I have added a copy of V3.2.2 to the Archives section of the downloads page in case you need it: Plan-Gv3.2.2.167 Please be aware that it is unsupported.