Welcome to the new home of Plan-G.
We are endeavouring to bring the old forum data across to the new one, but you will need to re-register here.
Old forum archive: https://plan-g.app/oldforum/index.php

Possible Plan-G Enhancement?

howellerman

Possible Plan-G Enhancement?

Post by howellerman »

Heya Tim,

Thanks for your product, and all your support, over the last decade or so - Plan-G is essential to my sim experience, starting with FSX and going through all the P3D versions, and I hope to use it more in MSFS (maybe even XP12, since I have it installed).

I do have a suggestion(?) about an enhancement?

I tend to plan routes in "areas", examples being the New England states, or the Appalachians, the British Isles, or even (on a grander scale) South Island New Zealand. My enthusiasm for exploring a new area compels me to create a dozen (if not more) flight plans for that given area, crisscrossing the area to connect and explore as much as I can.

The problem I have (and maybe is unique to me) is that when I go back and revisit these areas I cannot remember all the endpoints (i.e., airports) and the flight plans between them.

Would it be feasible to create an optional button or View command that would allow showing the various flight plans for a given area? For example, I can see almost the entire Appalachians at Zoom Level 8. Clicking an option to see all the flight plans in that area would be a tremendous(!) way to see the plans I had developed for the area. Same for the New England area, zoom level 8 shows the entire area.

Zoom Level 7 encompasses the entire British Isles, and while that zoom level does not show the airport ICAO entries, having the ability to see if I created a flight plan from Edinburgh to Dublin, or the various routes between Scotland and Ireland, would be fantastic. Same with New Zealand: zoom level 7 shows almost all of both North and South Islands, and while I have been a doom-loop of flying NZNV/NZCH/NZQN/NZMF for quite some time, seeing a summary of what else I created would be great.

Just a wild-assed suggestion, Tim. You can crank it out in your spare time... ;)

Thanks!
John Howell
Tim
Site Admin

Re: Possible Plan-G Enhancement?

Post by Tim »

"Spare time" :lol:

It's an interesting idea though. Let me ponder on it...