News:

Plan-G has over 1700 followers on FACEBOOK! Click HERE and add your support

Main Menu

Test version 3.2.0.143 * NEW 08/10/2017 *

Started by tim arnot, October 21, 2016, 12:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim arnot

* Please download 3.2.0.144 from the main web page. *

This is a public beta for 3.2. Please see the readme for changes. This is for Vista through Windows 10 only.

It is recommended that you install 3.2 to a different directory than 3.1.3 or 3.1.4 (you don't need to uninstall). Do backup your old folder, just in case. You do NOT need to delete the Plan-G Files folder or rebuild the nav database unless instructed.

Tip: If you have custom user waypoints, back up the Plan-G Files\UserWpts3.sdf file and copy it back after updating.

Rebuild the database for: P3dv4, X-Plane 11, Addon airfield indicators.

NOTE: This build requires DotNet v4.6.2. You can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/Net/Download.aspx It is not yet automatically detected by the installer,

Networked Documents folder. Plan-G has problems accessing its databases if they are on a network drive (including Cloud services). Please set a LOCAL Plan-G Files folder in Settings->General if your My Documents folder is networked.

Please report any issues with the beta to this thread. Thanks.

Build 143 (8th October 2017)
- Fixed ILS heading sometimes incorrect with X-Plane 11
- Fixed oversized kml icons
- Supports P3D scenery_add-ons.xml method of adding scenery
- Increased Max Database Size for localized X-Plane databases
- Added WMM2015 support for X-Plane 11 magvar.
- Export to Garmin GTN 650/750 format (experimental - untested). Save to [FSX]\F1GTN\FPL or [Prepar3D]\F1GTN\FPL
- Added indicator to show airports that are addon (edit AddonAirports_FSX.txt etc. file in data folder. One ICAO code per line)
- Added ability to relocate Plan-G Files folder
- Simconnect.cfg index setting for P3D Simconnect library (this is the index to the entry in the cfg that will be used for the connection. P3D does not use the FSX simconnect settings.)
- Added Support for v1100 X-Plane native data
- Fixed X-Plane data read threw errors with some multi-entry navaids
- Fixed various aerodrome window draw issues
- SetWindowTitleToPlanName=False in Settings will keep the main window title static (for 3rd party apps).
- Can now open multiple aerodrome chart windows
- Fixed some P3Dv4 taxiways were missing
- Fixed issues reading P3Dv4 runway data
- Fixed error during database build left the dialog open.
- Added LM Prepar3d managed Simconnect library
- DotNet dependency is now v4.6.2
- Added user defined map provider, for private servers etc.

Build 129 (1st July 2017)
- Adds support for Prepar3d v4
- Adds support for fsAerodata
- Adds OpenTopoMap provider
- Adds export support for FSW format flight plans (note: you need to save a dummy plan from inside FSW, which you will overwrite, in order to get around the idiotic DLC block)
- Various bug fixes (see readme for full changes list)

Frequently Needed Reminders:
- You do NOT need to rebuild the database just because you updated the software. You ONLY need rebuild the database if you change your scenery library, change your sim, or are instructed to do so.
- There is ONE P3D database. If you want data for an old version you still have installed, specify its Scenery.cfg in Build Options (e.g. C:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\P3dv2)
- If you run Plan-G from a remote PC, install the program on the FS PC too. Build the database locally and copy it across.
- If you screw up and try building remotely, your original database might still be on the FS PC from before.
- Reporting this topic as spam is not a means of getting support.

Tim. @TimArnot

rele

Thank you Tim.
I have installed in Windows 10 and all seems to be running OK.
I have tried:
FSX-SE
X-Plane 10.5
Map Box
OpenStreetMap
OpenCycleMap
All data seems to be present
All VRPs OK

I had v.3.1.3.113 before and when I went to install 3.1.4.120 I didn't get the option to install to a different folder so I just carried on and installed. So it's in the 3.1.3 folder but it all seems fine. Did I miss something?  :-\

Great feature to be able to recover popups that disappear in to the ether!

Robert.

tim arnot

It's a new installer too, so it's useful to know the option isn't given - thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

Cele

In this version there is still the problem of the coordinates in the flight plan of Xplane?

tim arnot

Still on the list. More important to get something with working maps to people quickly than to complete every item first.

Tim. @TimArnot

Emile

Hello,
"I didn't get the option to install to a different folder so I just carried on and installed. So it's in the 3.1.3 folder but it all seems fine.
Same here Win 10 X64 P3d 3.4.9
Emile EBBR Asus P7P67 Pro v3, Intel 1155 3.4 GH, Cordair DDR3 8Gb,PCX Nvidia 950 ti,PCX Nvidia 1150 ti,
SSD 120Gb, 2 x 1 Tera SATA6, Dual Boot .

Kenny584

Hi Tim.

No Problem installing. I have a dedicated folder with the various versions as sub folders and it went straight in with no fuss. Maps appear to working fine at various zoom levels. Great job...Thanks.

Regards...Ken
p.s. any chance of Airac cycle updates as per Navigraph or similar. I have no idea of what is involved with that, so if it's not feasible, then not a problem.

tim arnot

I believe if you set up a dummy X-Plane folder and install Airac for X-Plane, you can use them that way.

Tim. @TimArnot

aeronauta

Thank you Tim, the installer offered me C:|program files x86\plang  and I changed to my liking ,, no problems there also all worked OK , something funny with the maps settings I have a mapbox lic and from install the radio is on open street , I could change to open cycle but not to mapbox (even after entering my id/key) then I selected Mapquest cache  and then II could select mapbox OK... after that I can go to openstreet and back to mapbox OK... ???

Otherwise great job !!! Thank you!!!

Jorge
regards  Jorge

tim arnot

Okay thanks, I'll look into that.

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

There are also some new text items that need translating. If you can help, please see the top message in this thread. Thanks.

Tim. @TimArnot

Blueyes

Tim,
I am using the Final Frontier, Inside Passage and Canadian Rockies sceneries with X-plane 10.50 (and before)
As with 3.1.3 some airports do not show up in the map after building the Navigation database.
And example is 5Z1 Juneau Harbor, south east of Junea (PAJN) (a bit further SE than 5Z2), which is in the Final Frontier scenery
In x-plane's local map (after I started in Juneau PAJN) it is on this map.
And I have all Airstrip/Helipad etc filters ON.
I have a log file of the database build, after I emptied "Plan-g files" attached.
I hope you can help.
Thanks
Joop

tim arnot

Says it's rejected as a duplicate, along with *a lot* of others. Have you got some other addon maybe that lists it? Perhaps for AI traffic? If so, I'd try taking it out while you build the database.

Tim. @TimArnot

Penzoil3

8)
    Working fine for me on Windows 7 Ultimate. Works for P3D 3.49, FSX, and FSX-SE. Also with this download from AVSIM (mapbox_styleset_4_plan-g_v1.0.zip) I finally got Plan G to play with MapBox. I've been struggling with that for months. Tested with both versions of open map, they're fine too.
Thanks
   Sue

peteralbert

Dear Tim.

How can I obtain download 3.1.4 since the previous version doesn`t work anymore i.e
selecting other mapproviders just give me a tiled -or empty blue screen.
However,the menu bar is visible on top of the blue screen.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
peter leeuwenkamp
The Netherlands