News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

Flight plan editing by moving handles does not work when connected to FSX

Started by Kurt2404, July 27, 2014, 06:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurt2404

With the older (and in the meantime obsolete) versions of Plan-G it was possible to edit the flight plans by moving the handles at any time in edit-mode and in every connection status. Unfortunately this does not work with 3.1.1.92. Our VA (emergency helicopter fliying) used this feature to simply find the direct flight path between the home base and the accident adress (and simmilar from place of accident to the hospital and back to the  home base) while spooling up the helicopter engines.

Would it be possible to make the flight path handels moveable again regardless which connection status (connected or disconnected) is used? An improvement would be appreciated!
Kind regards
Kurt

tim arnot

On the face of it, I can't see why one should affect the other. But I'll look into it.

Tim. @TimArnot

Kurt2404

Good morning Tim,

thanks for your willingness to check this! 8)

Yesterday evening I tried again with the newest build installed but the result is the same as before: With FSX disconnected there is no problem to move the handles by left click and hold, with FSX connected there is no chance to move the handles (instead the complete map moves). Of course I'm not knowing about the internals of your source codes but there seems to be a certain dependency between FSX being connected or disconnected.

Technical Plan-G runs on my client laptop which is networked to the FSX-PC (server), the link is FSUIPC wide FS (works flawless for everything else on Plan-G). Further FSGRW is installed on the laptop and cooperates via simconnect and FSGRW-network bridge with the FSX.
Kind regards
Kurt

PhillyPennPilot

FWIW, I have the same problem.  I'll stay tuned in case someone finds a solution.  Thanks.
HP Pavilion p7-1446 / Windows 8.1 (64bit) / AMD A10-5700 @ 3.4 GHz / 8 GB DDR3
Radeon R7-260x / 2 GB / DDR5 @ 1600 MHz
2 x 24" LCD monitors / 1920x1080
Orbx FTX Global Base / Orbx FTX Vector / Orbx NA Regions / REX Essential Plus / My Traffic X

tim arnot

Make sure you are using build 94. It's fine in the latest release.

Tim. @TimArnot

Kurt2404

Hi Tim,

just installed build 94 but no joy. Same behaviour as before: Handles are not moveable when FSX is connected via FSUIPC and Wide FS.  :'(

Do you require any additional information? Just tell me and I'll supply everything you need!
Kind regards
Kurt

tim arnot

Very odd. This was a bug some builds back, but it was fixed. I double checked today in both XP and W7 builds - connected or not connected, the drag handles come up and work fine. (the bug actually related to enabling/disabling the button)

There's not much to see in the log - you get an UpdateNodeLocation message followed by nearest navaid data when you let go the drag handle, but that's about it.

Might be worth a look though in case something leaps out...

Tim. @TimArnot

Kurt2404

Good morning Tim,

I agree with you - very odd! Out of my point of view it seems like that the system does not allow left click & move on the handles as long as there is an active connection to FSX.  ???

This makes generally sense when you fly: Usually there is no need of using the edit-function during flights but the map should be moveable easily. In my/our case it's more or less essential to be able to move the (reinvented - thanks Tim) handles at any time eg. for a serial operation even on a return flight to the home base. And further we don't use intersections, airways and navaids almost at all - mostly adresses, gps-coordinates and vfr-landmarks are used.

Maybe this could be an approach for your searches... Anyway thanks in advance for your ongoing efforts!
Kind regards
Kurt

ivanrk

Hi Kurt & Tim

My system does exactly the same.  Cannot drag when connected to fsx.  Just moves the whole map.  Once disconnected from FSX the drag handles work.  Not a problem for me as I just disconnect, make the changes, and reconnect.  Just posted this Tim to confirm that it is not just Kurt who is experiencing this behaviour.

Ivan

tim arnot

Could one of you post a screenshot of Plan-G when this happens? I'm wondering if there might be some other factor in play...

Tim. @TimArnot

ivanrk

Hi Tim

here is a screen shot.  I have tried moving the routes via the handles but the whole map moves instead.  Hope this shows something obvious.

Ivan

Kurt2404

Quote from: tim arnot on August 07, 2014, 12:54:25 PM
Could one of you post a screenshot of Plan-G when this happens? I'm wondering if there might be some other factor in play...

Hi Tim,

sorry, didn't find the time for a prompt answer...

A screenshot won't be helpful because it cannot show "complete map moving when dragging handle"! The only way is to make a small movie! I hope I'll find some time tomorrow for this, so please stand by!
Kind regards
Kurt

Peter Dodds

There is an issue I find with several addon programs run in a window overlaid on FSX (e.g. FSAcars).  FSX interefers with the ability to enter text or select a dropdown option in the overlaid addon.  The solution is to minimise FSX, then make the change, then reopen the fsx window.  have you tried minimising FSX, then drag the handles, then restore the FSX window?  If that fixes your problem - it is an FSX transparency issue, not a Plan-G issue.

Peter

ivanrk

Hi Peter

Tried minimising fsx and then dragging plan route by handles but no different - whole map moves.  But thanks for the suggestion.

Ivan

Kurt2404

Kind regards
Kurt