News:

Buying something from Amazon? Please consider using my affiliate links - Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk - You get your stuff, Plan-G gets a little boost :)   

Main Menu

Plan-G database creation freezes, please see screedump/attached plan-G log-file

Started by eagle67, March 31, 2016, 01:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagle67

Hi,

During new installation of Plan-G it freezess during Database creation first time, see screedump and attached plan-G log-file below.

Tryed this.
- Several restart/reinstall of plan-G and it still seems to hang, had tried to wait for more than 2 hours...according to
   manual it should only take around 10min.
-  also tried to delete these sdf files, but still same issue

My setup:
- Plan-G running on a dedicated laptop with win10/64Bit, uac turned off, ran always "as administrator", MS firewall turned off, and plan-g
  installed on a second hd.(d:/) also tried to c:/progs86x.

- My Flight computer is a desktop with win10/64bit, uac turn off, MS firewal turned off and running P3Dv3.1.
  (no FSX or other FSX-SE installed only p3d v3.1)

Please advise,

Brgds
Søren

tim arnot

Go into My Documents\Plan-G Files\Data and delete the three Plan-G_???.sdf files, then try again.

If you're not running Plan-G as administrator, run it as administrator.

If you're trying to build the database across a network, install onto the P3D machine and copy the database to the laptop after - much easier and quicker.

If it's been more than 10 minutes since you started the build, with no change in message, it hasn't worked.

Tim. @TimArnot

eagle67

Hi,

Okay, But how do I export/import Database between both computer, just manual copy all files (*.sdf) in the "C:\Users\pc5\Documents\Plan-G Files\Data" to the laptop ?

Thanks for you support, :-)

Brgds
Søren

Tabbi

Sorry for writing in your thread but I have the same problem (I think)

I download the last plan-g version for XP, because I use an XP PC for my FS9.

The initialation freezes by writing the  moren then 63.000 airways. I tried as mentioned above deleting the files, started with administrator rights.

Nothing really helped.

tim arnot

Quote from: eagle67 on March 31, 2016, 06:39:45 PM
Hi,

Okay, But how do I export/import Database between both computer, just manual copy all files (*.sdf) in the "C:\Users\pc5\Documents\Plan-G Files\Data" to the laptop ?

Yup. :)

Tim. @TimArnot

tim arnot

Quote from: Tabbi on April 01, 2016, 10:10:30 AM

The initialation freezes by writing the  moren then 63.000 airways. I tried as mentioned above deleting the files, started with administrator rights.

Nothing really helped.

That error is typical of not having all the DotNet patches installed, or one of them not installed correctly.

Tim. @TimArnot

eagle67

Hi,

To Info, I have now installed Plan-G om my P3Dv3.1 "fligth" computer and has excatly same issue!....
During first time building of Plan-G database it freezess, please see attached plan-G log-file
below.

If some dot-net pachts are needed, possible to tell which one I may need please ?

Brgds
Søren

eagle67

Hi,

From my Plan-G log files I see this ...anyone some clue ?

0.1 Preparing database for new data
18.10.30.4 BuildDatabase_Executed: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Soren\Documents\Plan-G Files\Data\PlanG3_P3D.sdf' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

/Søren

tim arnot

Quote from: eagle67 on April 01, 2016, 07:14:04 PM
Hi,

From my Plan-G log files I see this ...anyone some clue ?

0.1 Preparing database for new data
18.10.30.4 BuildDatabase_Executed: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Soren\Documents\Plan-G Files\Data\PlanG3_P3D.sdf' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

/Søren
See the 2nd message in this thread.

Tim. @TimArnot

eagle67

Hi,

Have tried several times, with no lock..

My setup:
- Plan-G running on a dedicated computer with win10/64Bit, uac turned off, always excuted "as administrator", MS firewall turned off, and plan-g
  installed on a second hd.(d:/).

Can it be some of my scenery that prevent it to build its db ?

Brgds
Søren

tim arnot

No, it's a permissions/locks issue. Usually deleting the files is enough (make sure you delete all three databases, not just the one you're trying to build), and having admin privileges. You could try rebooting, see if that frees it.

Tim. @TimArnot

eagle67

Hi,

hnm okay,

I actual deleted all *.sdf file in the "data" folder and yes I have rebootet computer serveral times as well.

May be I should just leave it for 12-24 hours and hopefully it will finish ?
(I read in some tread that one guy waited 12 hours before it had finished..)

Or please advise if you have other tips or hints

Brgds
Søren

Tabbi

Quote from: tim arnot on April 01, 2016, 05:58:15 PM
Quote from: Tabbi on April 01, 2016, 10:10:30 AM

Nothing really helped.

Ok. I read the manual of Plan-G and there I found I need dot.net4

I installed today dot.net4 for WIN XP as WIN XP can´t go higher thats the latest one from 2011. And NO not working.

If your porgramm need other the dot.net4 then which one?
That error is typical of not having all the DotNet patches installed, or one of them not installed correctly.

eagle67

Hi Guys,

I have now installed Plan-g to a Clean new Win7/64bit and has exactly same issue....

But discovered some interesting stuff, because during start up of Plan-G(win7) it terminated with error message Dotnet 4.6 not installed...!
Why does sw ask for Dotnet 4.6(plan-g downloaded dot4.6)  when manual states its need v4.5?

From manual
If the correct version isn't installed on your PC, it is downloaded automatically by the installation program, so the user
doesn't need to take any action. All future releases after 3.1.1 will require .Net 4.5.

I installed dotnet v4.6 but still has same issue.. are we sure versjon v3.1.2.113 is actually working ?
or does it maybe need some dotnet v4.5 stuff as well?

Must be something I have missed, since it seems to work for a lot peploe..

Brgds
Søren

Tabbi

Sorry Søren that I`m in your thread as I´m on WIN XP

I solved my problems now. I reinstalled (and that was work of shit) all the damn dot 4 patches. And I really mean all.

And Tim was right, problem caused a missing patch. So maybe install all the dot4.5 and dot 4.6 patches via winupdate.

@Tim
Thank you I´m happy now and enjoy your prog.