News:

Thou shalt confirm thine airspeed on final, lest the earth rise up and smite thee. (pre-landing checklist, v1)

Main Menu

FSX default airfields?

Started by ananda, March 24, 2017, 11:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ananda

Why is it that Plan-G does not display default airfields?

eg. here is EGPO which doesn't have an airfield symbol:

If I create a new AFCAD, it does display the airfield symbol, eg. EGPM:

[/url

tim arnot

Is the airfield in your database? (i.e. does it appear in a search?) If not, maybe it was deactivated when you did a database build. If it is, try unchecking and rechecking "Show markers", that'll force it to display.

Tim. @TimArnot

ananda

No, it doesn't appear in a search.

This particular airfield is in 0601, but doesn't appear to be scanned during the build. In fact, none of the base files are scanned (see attached log and scenery.cfg).

Database Build Options:

tim arnot

That scenery.cfg is a mess!

All the default entries are missing the Title field, so Plan-G doesn't recognise them.
There are duplicates of all those entries, but they have two digit Area.nnn codes, so Plan-G doesn't recognise them.

Simplest solution would be to add leading zeroes to make 3 digit entries on all the entries near the top of the file, and delete the duplicates towards the end.

Tim. @TimArnot

ananda

Quote from: tim arnot on March 25, 2017, 03:02:27 PM
I think the problem is with the Plan-G scan.

FSX does not object

The "Area" line only requires an integer after the dot (with or without leading zeros).

ananda

I changed the area integers to three digits and removed the duplicates (God knows where they came from).

All is now well.

tim arnot

Quote from: ananda on March 25, 2017, 05:08:03 PM
Quote from: tim arnot on March 25, 2017, 03:02:27 PM
I think the problem is with the Plan-G scan.

FSX does not object

The "Area" line only requires an integer after the dot (with or without leading zeros).

You may be right - Plan-G is more fussy. But it's never been a problem in over 8 years, until now.

Tim. @TimArnot