News:

Main Menu

Weird Request

Started by howellerman, May 05, 2022, 02:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howellerman

Hi Tim,

I have a strange request of you, and feel free to tell me "no" if it does not make any sense.

I have two computers, my everyday computer that is protected to the maximum via multiple agents, and my P3DV5 computer that only has P3DV5 (and addons) with Windows Defender. I just don't allow it to go any place dangerous!  :) Not to mention it has a teeny tiny keyboard that disallows touch typing.

I am considering an ATW trip, but want to do it "differently". Instead of just flying from/to, I want to explore points of interest at each destination, including museums, restaurants, and similar and include that material in my flight journal. Therefore, I would like to do flight planning on my protected computer where I can do the research safely protected from the World Wide Wait, and then export those flights (via a shared HDD) to my flightsim computer for execution and documenting.

I have Build 259 installed on both computers, and copied the "Data" portion from my flightsim Plan-G folders but it is still missing the airports/VORS/airspaces, et al.

Anything come to mind? Worst case I could always purchase another copy of P3D and install it on my everyday computer, but I thought I would check. And please, feel free to question my sanity!  :)

Thanks!
John Howell

tim arnot

Make sure you copied the data from Plan-Gv4 Files and not Plan-G Files (which only serves data up to v3.2).Also make sure the database is active (selected in the Data ribbon).

Hope that helps.

Tim. @TimArnot

howellerman

Bingo!

Thanks, Tim - worked a charm!